our Books To Life
2020 CBCA Short-Listed
"Picture Book of the Year" show
Written & Illustrated by Sophie Blackall
Published by Hachette Australia
Adapted for the stage, music & performed by
- WINNER 2019 Caldecott Medal (awarded annually by the Association for Library Service to Children, a division of the American Library Association, to the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children)
- ALSC "Commended" Notable Book Award 2019
- Junior Library Guild Award Emergent Selection 2018
- CCBC Choices Award Selection 2019
- Fanfare Award Selection 2018
- Book Links Lasting Connections Award Selection 2018
- IndieBound Bestseller
- Amazon "Best Book of the Year So Far"
- BookPage Children's Top Pick
- Named a best book of 2018 by People, the Boston Globe, Kirkus Reviews, Publishers Weekly, and The Horn Book.
Due to COVID-19 Book Week has
been rescheduled by CBCA to
Term 4: 17-23 October 2020
Theme: "Curious Creatures, Wild Minds"
NOTE: If schools are closed or visitors to schools prohibited (by the government or a school's alternative governing body) on the booking date due to COVID-19 then cancellations will be granted free of charge.
“The children were enthralled to see a book come to life in a live performance.” St Therese PS, Mascot, NSW